Sunday, June 21, 2009

Don't Worry I've Got People in Indy!






















Before I tell you all about my adventures in Indianapolis last weekend, I should let you know about two big accomplishments. First...I can pull up. I still don't understand why I can't pull up on everything and things like baskets smack me in the face when I try to pull up on them. However, you can see in the video below sometimes I get it right and get to have a lot of fun standing up. Second...I am cutting a tooth. I have been chomping on everything in sight the last week or so and today I was trying to rub my gums on Mommy's finger and she felt a tooth. Then I was playing this afternoon and opened my mouth without sticking out my tongue and Mommy spied my tooth breaking through. Once I get a few more I will be in business. I want to eat what Mom and Dad are eating and they seem to need teeth to eat those things.



Back to my original reason for blogging this evening. Last weekend I had a great time in Indianapolis. Daddy is from Indy so we went there to visit Grandma and Grandpa DeCamp and to meet lots of people. I had lots of fun at the GranDeCamp house. Grandma had lots of fun toys for me and she gave me lots of hugs and cuddles. My favorite toy was one that made lots of noise, of course! On Saturday I got to meet two new babies. I looked like a giant compared to them. Baby Will belongs to Matt and Heather and Baby Emily belongs to Eric and Jessica. They are both around a month old. I met them at a party for Baby Will. He was busy being the guest of honor so I didn't get to hang out with him that much, but I got to hang out with Baby Emily a lot. She is capital C-CUTE! (But don't tell her Dad I have my eye on her...he might run me down with their Mini Cooper.) Later on Saturday we went to visit Daddy's good friend Chris. I got to meet his wife, Amy, and their son, Carson. Carson is 2 and 1/2 so I didn't look like a giant when we were at their house. I had fun playing with Carson's toys and all the parents had fun drinking wine and eating a yummy dinner. (Again they didn't share it with me...the whole no teeth problem which I am solving as we speak.) I almost forgot. On Saturday I also had a very special visit with my Great-Grandma Hilton. While I met a lot of new people in Indy, there are lots of other people I didn't get to meet so I need to go back soon. There you have it...all my new tricks and the story of my very fun weekend. Next week we go on vacation so I am sure I will have more stories for you after we come back.

No comments: