I just got back from a great trip to Northern Michigan. We went to the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore and to Mackinac Island. We didn't go to the Upper Peninsula, but we could see it from our condo on Mackinac. I had a great time seeing all the sights and having Mommy and Daddy to myself for a whole week. I was so excited to hang out with them I got up around 5:30am everyday on vacation. I am not sure why but they were not as excited as I was to hang out at that hour. Here are a few pictures from our trip!
First of all forgot to mention we had a fun time celebrating Father's Day before our vacation. Daddy and I wore matching shirts to commemorate his first Father's Day.Hanging out with Mommy up on Fort Mackinac. Behind us are the Straits of Mackinac and Round Island (and the downtown of the island of course).


More views of Mackinac Island above. No cars are allowed so everyone gets around on foot, bike, or horse drawn carriage. I sort of liked the horses (I liked the noise they made with their feet when they walked, but wasn't so interested in looking at them.) There is an 8 mile loop around the island and Mommy and Daddy did this on bikes. They stuck me in this awful trailer behind Daddy's bike. I slept for awhile in it and then decide I really hated it and Mommy and Daddy had to bike quickly to finish before I got hoarse from my complaining.
Here I am playing on the shores of Glen Lake. We stayed in a cottage there. It was about 10 minutes from the town of Glen Arbor and Sleeping Bear Dunes. Glen Lake was very clear. Mommy and Daddy went kayaking and could see very far down even in the deep water.We went on a hike called the "Dune Climb" at Sleeping Bear Dunes. It was a hard 3.5 mile hike over 9 Dunes. I rode in the Ergo so I had lots of energy for exploring the shores of Lake Michigan when we arrived. Mommy and Daddy were happy we all made it and there was someone else who did too so we could get a picture of the three of us.

Daddy and I hanging out in the cottage.

2 comments:
Bridger gets more and more handsome by the minute! I love him!!
Btw- love the matching shirts =) Happy Father's Day to Matt!!
It looks beautiful there. Guess there's another place to we need to add to our ever expanding list of places to visit oneday!! So glad you got a family vacation, it looks great!
Post a Comment