Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I've got the sign!


The reason I started this particular blog entry was to tell you about a very special event in my life's journey. I was baptized on July 12, 2009. One day hopefully I'll fully understand the significance of that day!
I also want to tell you about some of my recent adventures so take a look below. First off...to the left you will see me in our pumpkin patch. What you say...a pumpkin patch?? The story is that Grandpa grew a pumpkin for Daddy when he was about my age so Daddy thought it would be fun to carry on the tradition. Both Grandpa and Daddy are growing pumpkins for me actually. Daddy pollinated the pumpkin I am sitting by instead of relying on the bees. He wanted to try for a giant pumpkin and read that you should artificially pollinate to get a really big pumpkin. (He should stop doing so much reading...what a nerd!) The GranDeCamps think that Daddy should be disqualified from the pumpkin growing competition for meddling with nature. I have not yet made a ruling on this matter. For now I have decided to keep you updated about the progress of the pumpkins. They grow very fast so I will have to keep the pictures coming so you can see. Right now the two biggest pumpkins are easily bigger than a basketball. Who knows how big they'll get before October!


After my baptism, the GranDeCamps headed home because they are coming to visit later in the month and GrandDad and Grandma stayed for a week. We had lots of fun while Mommy and Daddy were busy working. We even had some time to get into mischief!











One evening Claudia, Ezra, and I went to the pool and had a picnic. Oh yeah...our moms' came too. Although I thought the best part about the pool would be playing with my friends, I made a big discovery while I was there and it is hard to decide, but I think that it was better than my friends that day. Here is my big discovery....tortilla chips! Claudia's mom brought food for the mommies and the babies. She brought lots of healthy things for us kids, but thought the moms would enjoy chips and salsa with their sandwiches. Well I saw them eating out of that crinkly bag and crawled right over to crinkle it. Low and behold there were tortilla chips in there and that is all I wanted to eat after that. As you can see, I wouldn't even stop eating for the pictures.



A bit more pool time. This time in my own pool in the yard. Grandma DeCamp had fun playing with me but she just wouldn't get in. I wonder why?? Did she think I might splash her :)!!



Here I am at my baptism. It was a very special day for our family. Both the Granparents Ross and the GranDeCamps came for the event. It was also special because it is probably the first and last time you will see me in a dress. It is actually a gown that people in my family have been baptized in since 1908. They had this all the way back when Mommy's family was in Hawaii.


2 comments:

The Corwins said...

You guys really have been doing a lot this summer! Congrats on the baptism, and I love the tortilla chip part of the post! Erin

Unknown said...

Congrats Bridger on being Baptized!! So lucky to have such a big family, full of lots of traditions!

Love the other pics, too! I was starting to experience some Bridger withdrawal, so the update was much appreciated ;) Also, love the tortilla chip discovery. Soon you will become a full-fledged chips and salsa addict like me. HUGS